In Brown University v. Gary Zimet, filed in the USDC Central District, Lester & Cantrell, working with Massachusetts-based Smith, Duggan, Buell & Rufo, filed suit against an on-line memorabilia vendor found to be marketing the stolen student file of John F. Kennedy Jr. The student file was stolen from Brown University in approximately 1994, and used as the basis for an article in the Star magazine. Its whereabouts were unknown prior to the attempted sale by Defendant. Lester & Cantrell obtained a temporary restraining order, a preliminary injunction, and a stipulated judgment requiring the return of the original file and all copies to Brown University.
Search our Site
- Riverside County Ordinance 949 gives OK for home kitchens to sell food
- AB 147 to collect sales taxes from out-of-state sellers
- AB 1162 aims to ban those little shampoo bottles from your hotel
- AB 1076 would seal criminal records for misdemeanor, non-violent offenses
- SB 37 would raise corporate tax rate for state’s wealthiest businesses