In Brown University v. Gary Zimet, filed in the USDC Central District, Lester & Cantrell, working with Massachusetts-based Smith, Duggan, Buell & Rufo, filed suit against an on-line memorabilia vendor found to be marketing the stolen student file of John F. Kennedy Jr. The student file was stolen from Brown University in approximately 1994, and used as the basis for an article in the Star magazine. Its whereabouts were unknown prior to the attempted sale by Defendant. Lester & Cantrell obtained a temporary restraining order, a preliminary injunction, and a stipulated judgment requiring the return of the original file and all copies to Brown University.
Search our Site
- Businesses using blacklisted port trucking companies may be held liable for damages under SB 1402
- AB 3018 amends skilled and trained workforce requirements
- AB 2610 – Meal Break Law Adjusted for Commercial Feed Drivers
- AB 1565 clarifies obligations between direct contractors and subcontractors
- Criminal Background Checks Clarified under SB 1412