Colin A. Northcutt
Attorney Colin A. Northcutt is a partner in Lester, Cantrell & Kraus, LLP’s litigation department. His practice involves trust and probate disputes, business disputes, real estate disputes, and defense of professionals in disputes arising from their practices. His clients include high net worth individuals, companies, real estate developers, commercial property owners, and law firms. Colin has experience in all aspects of litigation in federal and state courts, including discovery, law and motion, trial, post-trial law and motion, and appeal.
- California, 2007
- Massachusetts, 2007
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2008
Areas of Practice
- Trust and Estate Litigation
- Real Estate Law
- Business Law
- Legal Malpractice
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
LL.M – 2005
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
J.D. – 2004
Law Journal: International Law Journal
- Boston University, Boston
M.B.A. – 2004
- University of California, San Diego
B.A. – 2000
- Plaintiff’s Judgment – Return of JFK Jr.’s college files to Brown University
- Summary Judgment Upheld by Court of Appeal- Alleged in vitro toxic exposure at a foundry and plating facility
- Invalidated restated trust, removed trustee, and recovered real estate for trust beneficiaries.
- Obtained dismissals on the pleadings for global real estate law firm sued in class action lawsuits claiming, collectively, over $85 million in damages. Ruling affirmed by Court of Appeal in published decision.
- Obtained reversal by Court of Appeal on question of trust interpretation.
- Obtained settlement for beneficiary who alleged trust language was ambiguous.
- Defended trustee against claim that trust was invalid based on undue influence and lack of capacity.
- Multiple cases resulting in successful return of trust assets (brought on behalf of trustees and beneficiaries).
- Reformed trust so that it correctly reflects the intent of the Settlor.
- Riverside County Bar Association
- San Bernardino County Bar Association
- Sunrise Rotary, Redlands
- Estate Planning Council of San Bernardino
- 29th Annual Insolvency Conference: Speaker regarding legal malpractice issues (May 2017)
Main Office: 1770 Iowa Avenue, Suite 110, Riverside, CA 92507
Satellite Office: 2700 Newport Blvd., Suite 184, Newport Beach, CA 92663.