For approximately 20 years, Attorney David Cantrell has represented professionals, entrepreneurs and private businesses Southern California, focusing on providing litigation, pre-litigation and legal advice regarding their business operations. David has handled legal matters for business of all shapes and sizes – from small and mid-size local businesses, to publicly traded companies. David is a certified specialist in Legal Malpractice Law by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Representation of Private Businesses
David devotes a large portion of his practice to the representation of entrepreneurs and privately held businesses. For these clients David regularly litigates matters involving employment claims, shareholder, contract and real estate matters. David often serves as the go-to outside counsel for his business clients, which allows him to develop strategies to assist the business in managing risk.
Representation of Professionals
David devotes a substantial portion of his practice to the representation of professionals in disputes arising from their practices. David has tried jury and non-jury cases for small and large law firms. He has represented countless professionals in litigated matters involving allegations of malpractice, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and malicious prosecution. In addition, David regularly provides his professional clients with advice on issues related to the ethical intricacies of their practices (including the representation of lawyers in matters involving State Bar investigations). Based on his education, training and experience, the State Bar of California’s Board of Legal Specialization has declared David to be a Certified Specialist in California Legal Malpractice Law. David is one of only two lawyers based in the Inland Empire who possess this certification.
David has developed substantial experience in representing clients in trucking accidents. This work includes everything from small property damage claims, to heavily litigated lawsuits alleging catastrophic injuries.
Work in the Community
In addition to his service to his clients, David has been involved in the local legal community through his service as a past-President of the RCBA Barristers group (2008-2010), and a member of the Leo A. Deegan Inn of Court (2007-2009). David has also lectured on numerous occasions on issues concerning civil procedure and professional duties owed by lawyers to their clients. David served as the Chair of the RCBA Civil Litigation Section from 2012 to 2015. In his spare time, David has served on youth sports boards and assisted in coaching various youth sports.
- California, 2003
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2003
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2008
Certified Legal Specialties
- California Legal Malpractice Law, California Board of Legal Specialization – State Bar of CA, 2011 – Present
Honors and Awards
- AV-Preeminent Rated
- Certified specialist in Legal Malpractice Law by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
J.D. – 2003
- San Diego State University
B.S. – 1999
Major: Criminal Justice Administration
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Riverside County Bar Association (RCBA), Chair, Civil Litigation Section, 2012 – 2015
- RCBA Barristers’ Group, President, 2008 – 2010
- Leo A. Deegan Inn of Court, Associate, 2007 – 2008
- Riverside County Bar Association (RCBA), Member, Board of Directors, 2008 – 2010
- RCBA, Member, 2003 – Present
Main Office: 1770 Iowa Avenue, Suite 110, Riverside, CA 92507
Satellite Office: 2700 Newport Blvd., Suite 184, Newport Beach, CA 92663.