Colin A. Northcutt, Partner
Attorney Colin A. Northcutt is a partner in Lester & Cantrell’s litigation department. His practice involves trust and probate disputes, business disputes, real estate disputes, and defense of professionals in disputes arising from their practices. His clients include high net worth individuals, companies, real estate developers, commercial property owners, and law firms.
Colin has experience in all aspects of litigation in federal and state courts, including discovery, law and motion, trial, post-trial law and motion, and appeal.
U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2008
- Defense Verdict – Return of JFK Jr.’s college files to Brown University
- Defense Verdict – Alleged in vitro toxic exposure at a foundry and plating facility
- Invalidated restated trust, removed trustee, and recovered real estate for trust beneficiaries.
- Obtained dismissals on the pleadings for global real estate law firm sued in class action lawsuits claiming, collectively, over $85 million in damages.
- Ruling affirmed by Court of Appeal in published decision.
29th Annual Insolvency Conference:
Speaker regarding legal malpractice issues (May 2017)
Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
LL.M – 2005
Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
J.D. – 2004
Law Journal: International Law Journal
Boston University, Boston
M.B.A. – 2004
University of California, San Diego
B.A. – 2000
Professional Associations and Memberships
Riverside County Bar Association
San Bernardino County Bar Association
Sunrise Rotary, Redlands
Estate Planning Council of San Bernardino
Areas of Practice
- Trust and Estate Litigation 40%
- Real Estate Law 20%
- Business Law 20%
- Legal Malpractice 20%