In Brown University v. Gary Zimet, filed in the USDC Central District, Lester & Cantrell, working with Massachusetts-based Smith, Duggan, Buell & Rufo, filed suit against an on-line memorabilia vendor found to be marketing the stolen student file of John F. Kennedy Jr. The student file was stolen from Brown University in approximately 1994, and used as the basis for an article in the Star magazine. Its whereabouts were unknown prior to the attempted sale by Defendant. Lester & Cantrell obtained a temporary restraining order, a preliminary injunction, and a stipulated judgment requiring the return of the original file and all copies to Brown University.
Search our Site
- Lester & Cantrell welcomes Attorney Stephen Reider
- SB820 forbids sexual harassment nondisclosure agreements
- SB 954 Requires Written Mediation Confidentiality Disclosures
- Assembly Bill 626 allows home cooks to sell their food to the public – with some provisions
- Assembly Bill 3080 Prohibits Employer’s Mandatory Arbitration Agreements