In Brown University v. Gary Zimet, filed in the USDC Central District, Lester & Cantrell, working with Massachusetts-based Smith, Duggan, Buell & Rufo, filed suit against an on-line memorabilia vendor found to be marketing the stolen student file of John F. Kennedy Jr. The student file was stolen from Brown University in approximately 1994, and used as the basis for an article in the Star magazine. Its whereabouts were unknown prior to the attempted sale by Defendant. Lester & Cantrell obtained a temporary restraining order, a preliminary injunction, and a stipulated judgment requiring the return of the original file and all copies to Brown University.
Search our Site
- Lester & Cantrell prevails in Castillo v. Price Pfister, Inc., et al. appeal
- Lester & Cantrell prevails in matter of Brown University v. Gary Zimet
- AB 2770 would protect employers investigating sexual harassment
- AB 2509 would provide flexibility for employees
- AB 44 Requires Domestic Terrorism Employee Assistance